Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jean David {Kings & Queens}

Last week I was working on an illustration of a playing card for a photo announcement. While I was searching for inspiration I came across these Israeli playing cards created by Jean David for El Al Isreal Airlines. I love the facial expressions and patterns on each figure. I also enjoy the varying line widths that make up these illustrations.

There is not much information on the web about Jean David, at least that I could find. The only other illustrations that I came across were of these two travel posters produced in 1954 for the State of Israel Tourist Centre and a few other vintage posters for sale via the Farkash Gallery.


You can find more information about Jean David's cards at Grain Edit and Ministry of Type.

No comments: